WinRAR is a powerful archiver and archive manager, which compress the contents of files up to 30% and can handle even ZIP files or other types of archives.
What knows to do WinRAR?First! WinRAR is known around the world for power unmatched for file compression, the use of many other types of archives (ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7z and Z), providing a graphical user interface with highly intuitive, can benefit from a strong service via 128-bit encryption standard AES (Advanced encryption Standard), the ability to archive files to a size of 8.589 billion Gb (anyway no HDD of that size exists yet) also you can create archives with WinRAR or selfextracting, multivolum and recovery facilities and benefit from partially damaged archives.
· WinRAR did not store NTFS "Compressed" attribute, when creating RAR archives;
· WinRAR crashed in command line mode if @filelist parameter was present and 'filelist' did not exist. This bug affected only WinRAR.exe, not RAR.exe;
· if -x*\somefolder\* exclusion mask was specified when archiving and if name of current folder contained 'somefolder', WinRAR excluded all files and stopped creating an archive;
· GUI self-extracting archives did not work in Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE).
Minimum requirements for WinRAR:- For WinRar any x86 32-bit;
- WinRAR 64-bit to 64-bit processor Orce;
- OS: Win98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 7;
- 64MB RAM;
- 3MB HDD space.